Motor Trend Brings a Camaro to a “Best Driv er’s Car” Competition

Motor Trend Brings a Camaro to a ?Best Driver?s Car? Competition

VIDEO

Motor Trend has replaced its ?best handling car? with a ?best driver?s car? competition. Is this an opening for the Camaro? Not so much. The new SS model placed dead last in MT?s comparo, which was won by the Porsche Cayman S. And if you think the Camaro was simply there to serve muscle car whipping post duty, check out the rave reviews that the Shelby GT500 picked up. On the other hand, the fastest car around Laguna Seca, the Corvette ZR1, ended up in 6th place. There?s just no way to hide the fact that ?best driver?s car? will always be a subjective award.

Motor Trend

Jim Higgins

What's wrong JimmyBoy? Couldn't find any better dirt on GM today? The Camaro is hugely popular, can't be built quick enough to keep up with demand (and that is at one of the highest rated car plants in the world), is incredibly fuel efficient for such a powerful engine, and is a better vehicle then anything you could ever dream of owning. You are getting pretty sad there JimmyBoy. And, you can't even answer my questions anymore. You have officially dropped to a 2 out of a possible 10 on the Troll-O-Meter.

Reply to
80 Knight

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:35:25 -0400, 80 Knight fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

driver?s

ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
PerfectReign

What do you get when you add two loos balls 80 Knight and Perfect Reign with a GM shaft?

A real prick.

Reply to
Canuck57

I agree!

I LOVE my new Camaro... and I don't give a crap what any of the reviewer/magazines say! And I'm not a blind Chevy fanboy either having owned my share of other sports cars....

Reply to
John S.

That just hates being in a KF

Reply to
Jim Higgins

You haven't killfiled anyone JimmyBoy, and you know it. You are the group chew-toy, and you read everything I say. Did you enjoy your weekend with your wife? LOL

Reply to
80 Knight

When one compares any car to another the first thing they should do is compare vehicles that have the same equipment and are at around the same price.

Should a $90,000 car NOT be worth more $40,000 more than a $50,000 car, or it be worth $20,000 than a $30,000 car?

I agree!

I LOVE my new Camaro... and I don't give a crap what any of the reviewer/magazines say! And I'm not a blind Chevy fanboy either having owned my share of other sports cars....

Reply to
Mike

I also include reputation, hey, if they screw other people they may get around to you. GM fails this one.

Ditto waranty. If it is really so good, why not 6 years and 100,000 miles for full drive train? Because it isn't so good. In fact you can buy such a waranty at extra charge, which is a good indicator of how many problems to expect.

If I got the same equipment on a GM, it was clearly a price loser. Saw a Chrysler add for a 300 the other day, $6000 off, then looked up the sticker, like GM a grossly over priced piece of crap. Looks to me like GM & Chrysler are price jacking, up the price $10K and then $5K off. Sucker bait.

Better off to buy the Toyota Tundra, they will be around in 10 years. Another consideration.

Reply to
Canuck57

Perhaps, but the fact is it costs 205 to 30% more to drive home a Jap vehicle than a domestics if the same size and with the same equipment. you can buy a Tundra if you chose, it's your money.

Far more buyer are choosing Ford and GM trucks however.

Reply to
Mike

And they will all still be brand new since Toyota can't seem to be able to give them away.

Reply to
Dave

You are full of it...The Tundra sells very well here. And I have talked with a number of owners who are very satisfied with them.

Reply to
hls

You live in a minority then HLS. Check out the stats. "Dave" is totally right, Toyota can barley give them away. While Ford moved 215,959 F-Series trucks, and GM moved 177,566 Silverado's, and 60,532 Sierra's (same truck), and Dodge moved 112,239 Ram's, Toyota has moved a wimpy 42,419 death-trap Tundra's. As for the Nissan Titan, they are doing even worse, with only

10,271. I'll give Toyota credit with some cars, but there trucks are complete garbage, and most know that.

80 Knight

Perhaps but they are selling at a rate of less than 5% of US truck sales.

As to owners being satisfied with them, you might do a search of the number of serious recalls.

Reply to
Mike

One might note that ten years is not a long life for a truck. ;)

Reply to
Mike