My 1994 E150 handicapped conversion van won't start...

My van's check engine light came on several months ago it comes on and off and on and off, it was put on the computer and nothing referring to the engine came up. The control arm was damaged 11 years ago and I scotched
taped it. It seemed to be fine all these years. Last year when the van would automatically shift from 1st to 2nd there would be a rather noticeable hard shift, that was never there before. When I took it to the engine experts they said its fine. When we put van on the computer it came up that the control arm was bad, and driving it now if I put it in drive, it is usually in 2nd and I have to put it up one to drive. Half of the lights in the speedometer work when they want, my steering wheel seems to have had broken bearings in it and it sorta rocks back and forth; loose, and my air bag light has been on for a couple years now. It seems that sense the computer reading didn't suggest any engine trouble that the check engine light and others would indicate an electrical problem. and of course no one wants to take apart a E150 Ford dashboard.... I have 2 batteries in my van, the main one which is top of the line, gel battery and the deep cycle battery, I have a new alternator, a new starter which were installed about a year ago. My head lights turn on, my interior lights turn on, my refrigerator was left on by accident and my deep cycle is dead. When I turn my key the needle on the battery goes to about 12, but no sound at all, not turning over, or even trying to turn over. Just dead. I would think the battery was dead but my lights, electric locks and all still work at full power. So if it is not the main battery, starter, alternator... what do I look at now? My cap and rotor, plugs I think were done possibly 6 years ago. Any ideas out there please?
Whoops sorry all, don't think my van is a GMC, and I meant transmission experts in the paragraph.
vanilla wrote:

So if it is not the main battery, starter, alternator...

6
The starter doesnt turn the engine?? Do you know for sure the battery, cables, solenoid, and starter are all in good shape?
Do you have a passkey security setup in that vehicle...the key with the small black chip embedded in the key? If the security system is buggered, it wont turn over, wont start, etc.
I have an auto starter on my key ring, it won't start with that either. My battery is good, I will have to look at into the solenoid (not sure what that is) The cables seem to be ok because the battery reading is showing a good charge. I keep wondering why my check engine light has been on and off constantly, if it is electrical or does my engine have a problem. My fluids seem to be fine, transmission, oil even my radiator is in good shape it was replaced like 8 years ago, no leaks. I am going to go outside and play around with my auto starter and see if my 7 year old hit a few wrong buttons on it and made it "sleep"...thanks for your ideas