My 2004 Year End Figures For Gas & Maintenance

Well Ladies, Its that time of the month again to add up all those bills for car repairs, oil changes, parts and gas.
~_~_~ 2004~_~_~
Le Car = 1991 Bonneville
$2029.60 - Fuel Cost 79 - Tanks Of Gas
$1566.48 - Maintenance Cost
23,021 - Miles for 2004
Major parts replacement for 2004
1.Radiator ( orig ) 2. ECM ( orig ) 3. Heater Core ( orig ) 4. Coil Pack ( # 3 or 4 ) 5. Cam Interruptor Magnet 6. Timing Chain set 7. LF Caliper ( orig ) 8. Front Brakes 9. Brake Hoses ( orig ) 10. EGR Valve ( orig ) 11. Crank Sensor ( orig )
Plus oil changes, trans oil changes, air & gas filters, 2 tires, Gumout, Brakleen, GoJo Hand Cleaner, Dot 3 Brake Fluid, Rain - X, anifreeze and light bulbs.
Maintenance costs were down $864.59 from 2003. Fuel cost rose $289.58 from 2003.
Wonder what 2005 will have in store for us?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,525 miles_~_~_
....having the highest mileage Bonny on the planet..... PRICELESS! lol GW (HNY, HF)
Harry Face wrote:

Well, with your luck HF, probably not the engine... My dad tried everything he could to keep his '88 Dodge Caravan going, but it died at 226k (the engine quit). It had an oil leak that would require rebuilding the engine, and one day, my brother drove it and shelled it out. The knucklehead checked the oil once and said, "Oh, it's a quart low." He put a little bit in, drove it for another 45 minutes (highway) and it ran out of oil. The problem came on suddenly. One time, Dad started it up and there was lots of smoke coming out the tailpipe, Dad lifted the hood, and there was oil everywhere. He sat in it in park, revved it up, and even more smoke came out of the tailpipe. It was as you might guess, also losing compression, so when he would turn it real tight, every time (towards the end of its life), it would die.