My Cooling fans dont come on, unless I turn on the A/C

Hello
Where is the temp sensor that turns on the fans when the Engine goes above 225 Degrees.?
I have a 2002 Malibu 3110 engine and the guage goes to the next white mark
after the midway mark, then slightly above that.
When I start driving again, it cools down fast, stil no fans.
Larry
Scan it and look at the temps, when it reaches about 225 the fans should come onm you cannot go by the dash gage.