My dipstick wont go back in

Help. I was recently on a trip to another province. I decided I would check my oil at a coffe stop. I when to put the dipstick back in and it would not go all the way. It seems to be cought on something that is
stoping from going in the last 2 to 2-1/2". Any ideas what could be the problem? It is a 1997 cavalier, Z24 2.4L.
TIA
Robert
Sounds like a kinked tube. Try putting a short piece of pipe over dipstick tube, and gently bend to straight position. Be careful not to snap tube. If you do, screw in big sheet metal screw, and pull mess out with pliers.
Try putting the dip stick back in the opposite way.

I tried everything, finally I took a wire coat hanger, and after measuring it to the same length as the dipstick I made sure the tip was not sharp I put it in, it when in with no problems. After that I was able to put the dipstick back in.
Robert