My new Saturn

I have been subscribing to the GM and the Toyota newsgroups for awhile just to see what both groups had to say about their cars. There seems to be as much bitching in the Toyota NG as there is in the GM one. I wanted opinions on Malibus. I have owned 2 used Camrys in recent years, a 93 and a 98. The 98 needed body work and new shocks after 227,XXX kms. I wasn't sure it was worth puting that much money into it. A friend of mine has leased Saturns for the last 12 years or so and is quite pleased with them. SO, I decided to go to the local dealership (Moncton, NB, Canada) and try one to judge for myself. I was impressed enough to buy a 2007 ION 2 at 0% financing for.... 6 years !!!!!! NICE !!! Plus, they reduced the price by 750.00 CAN$ because I was a Camry owner. NICE !!! They took the Camry on trade and gave me almost what I thought I would get. NICE !!! Anyway, after a return trip to Québec City to see one of my favourite bands (Porcupine Tree), I am happy to report that this small car certainly doesn't drive like a small car. It is more car for the money than I anticipated. Good comfort, good power (5 speed std), good fuel economy and good ride. I don't know what you guys think about Saturns, their longevity and their resale value but, as far as I am concerned, I do believe I made a good choice. I am not in a position to say whether GM makes cars equal in quality with Japanese cars or not but, in case of the Saturn, it think it is a worthy competitor, IMHO.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

Oh yeah! They have only been around since 1991. They just released a new album this spring called Fear of a Blank Planet and a new DVD, Arriving Somewhere. They kick serious a**.

I have been hearing similar stories from other people around here.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

snip

In some regions of Canada, we are blessed with cold and the use of salt on the roads in the winter, which makes cars rust. In the past, foreign cars that were imported here were not built for this climate and were giving all kinds of starting problems, etc. That was the case with the early Hondas and Datsuns. They have awaken and are now making cars that are as well built as if not better than domestic ones. So, I don't think that rebadged cars will necessarily be all that bad.

I know what you mean. When I saw the first photos of the new Mustangs, my jaw dropped. It is has got to be the nicest design on the streets these days. IMHO.

Reply to
Bassplayer12