Name this part

On a 4 cyl 2.2L 91 Chevy engine. It is the cast aluminum housing that bolts onto the end of the cylindar head and the thermostat and EGR valve (I think
its the EGR valve) are both connected to it. The prize for being the first to name this part is the gratitude of my carless 17 year old son. Thanks in advance.
"John" wrote

In the GM manuals, it's called a "coolant outlet adapter". If you want to get a new one, you will probably only find this part at the dealership. In that case, who cares what it's called, just go in and have them bring up an exploded view of the cylinder head and point at the part that you want.
If you are looking for a used part at a wrecking yard....your description above is enough info for a wrecking yard crew. They are quite savvy when it comes to engine parts.
Ian
I think I would try thermostat housing................... Stuuder
shiden_kai wrote:

Congratulations you have won. My son and I are very thankful. Now I just have to get prepared for a dealer item price that will probably be more than I paid for the car.