nano

At the same time as most cars are in a downward spiral then Tato Nano is experiencing a wild frensy.

People have already sent in payments for at least 200.000 cars and Tato has only plans to produce about a 100.000 cars a year to start with.

No car producer in the world has any kind of similarity of problems of not having enough capacity.

It seems pretty obvious what it is people want.

They do want cheap cars.

GM has been so far off the mark that it really amazing.

Reply to
Björn

GM continues losing. GM has already lost $82 billion since 2004, its last profitable year. The Detroit automaker lost $6.9 billion, compared with a net loss of $3.3 billion, for the same quarter a year ago

Reply to
Björn

You are so right, GM is so far off the market I swear they must be deeliberately trying to miss the mark. Maybe even decided government taxpayers money is easier than making vehicles people want to buy.

BTW, the Tata Nano only costs $2,500 or so to make. Try paying Wagoner type idiots $12M/year with $20M bailouts with that!

Which is really why GM has to fail. The market is now getting competative and margins are going down to a point where GM could never pay off it's debt if it had 10,000 years to do it. And that is if it figured out a way to stop losing money.

GM is toast. The only question is how much tax payer bload sucking are the corrupt politicians going to allow before they stop?

Reply to
Canuck57

I think that a lot of US automakers problems are due to trying to satisfy US government and US consumer greed. Too many safety and pollution rules and regs. Too many lazy consumers who want 16 cup holders to hold their sugar and fat drinks. Do we really need electrically heated and motorized outside mirrors with turn signals built in? Do we really need 8 air bags? Do we really need tertiary fuel vapor control, ala California? I would be happy with a basic Tata with a 3.8 supercharged engine.

Reply to
Paul

Since getting bailout moneys, I agree. But before?

But by that, how come the others can comply?

I want it for unsweetened home made ice tea. Your point?

Where do you live? Arizona? Texas? Try that in the mountans in winter. Heated mirrors add a lot to safety. So what if you drive a retarted mini-can, some of us like style. Or simply, it isn't worth driving.

Helps when an idiot side swipes you. But agree, should be optional.

Agreed. But it is green!!! Plug the tailpipe and burn more GAS! Government likes the taxes.

But agree, why spend $30,000 on a GM POC when you can get a Tata POC for

1/10th the price.
Reply to
Canuck57

Perhaps, but pollution from cars is bad in some places. Every once in a while I'll get behind an older cars, say 1970's adn older and the exhast odor is obnoxious. Years ago we didn't know any better,b ut at least some of the improvement is worthwhile.

Two cupholders are plenty

Don't need, but want. I like the ice free mirrors and ability to adjust the right side mirror from my seat. Don't need the turn signal though.

Six should be enough for most accidents. Sure wish I had one when I was broadsided by a Mack Truck in my Corvair.

No. Don't need those mirror heaters in CA either, but nice to have here in CT.

I'd think the 3.6 would be enough in the Tata. Show some restraint.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski