NASCAR a Ripoff!

Yeah..... ....and stop using helmets in hockey too. ;-)

Reply to
Four-Time

Show proof.

Reply to
Four-Time

Well, I don't watch it any more. He was sure right about me.

I used to be a big fan, but the big parity efforts really just pushed me out of it. When they started raising and lowering partsof the shape to slow fast people down, I realize they weren't racing any more.

Reply to
Joe

If this sort of thing upsets you, you can always go to a non-Nascar race or even a demolition derby if you like to see recks. The only real difference is that there is not that much media coverage. But bare bones racing still exists here in the US, you just have to know where to find it.

Reply to
The List Man

Happy no...but it was certainly exciting. It can be like watching an old film clip of a ww2 fighter dogfight knowing someone will die going down in flames, but its exciting as hell to watch.

Reply to
The Bonesman

How many can afford to work up to Nextel? Each week its the same drivers running NASCAR. Backwood racers aint got much of a chance in hell anymore in working up to Nextel.

Reply to
The Bonesman

Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

Reply to
The Bonesman

Those previous years must have been a very long time ago. For years the "stock" cars have been stock in look only.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Its to commercial, and yes phoney. Isa game only for the wealthy now. You gotta pay to play, no not just a few paychecks, but millions. Lets face it back in the day one would route for there favorite car, and the race car would actually look like your car that was parked in your driveway. Now they all look alike except for colors and numbers. And just because its a Chevy its has not a DAMN thing to do with the chevy parked in your driveway, so its phoney and not worth rooting for.

Reply to
The Bonesman

When big money rears its ugly head in any sport then that sport is going to change in various ways. Now its called the "Nextel Cup" what the hell is a Nextel? At least with the Winston Cup you knew it was a cigarette. :)

Reply to
stonej

snipped-for-privacy@witthoft.com

Reply to