Neat calculator shows you what you gain(or LOSE) in a trade

Using my average mileage and trading in the '02 on an Aveo it would take 17 YEARS! to make up the price difference in fuel savings...

Reply to
Steve W.

But this doesn't take into account that most people want a new car as much as they want to increase their gas mileage. If you're only buying a new car for it's mileage, of course it's going to take you a long time to recoup your money. I don't think this is an honest view when looking to replace an old car/truck.

Reply to
Jim Smith

It is a VERY prevalent view currently. I know of a LOT of people who are trading JUST for mileage. They have good solid vehicles but are listening to all the treehuggers telling them they HAVE to get rid of those terrible gas hogs.

Reply to
Steve W.

I think it would really depend on how much you drive. My car only gets

20/28 MPG but I only drive a few times a week. Only costs me maybe $30 more a month than it used to, so not a big hit by any means.

Anyone trading a vehicle because someone told them it was a gas hog is an idiot. Every situation is unique.

Reply to
Brent