Need for 3.8 Buick motor

I'd like to "update" my old Buick LeSabre motor with a fresher one. I like the 3800 Series II in the later model GM midsizes. Can that one fit onto
the transaxle for the LeSabre? And where can I get one around Boston, MA.? And how about ECM compatibility? Thanks for any light you can shed.

Look...There are several series 3800 engines. You have to be a bit more specific.
If you want a junkyard engine, to to www.car-part.com
A good mechanic can put any engine, any tranny, into any car. But you want to do this within your means.
They are NOT all mutually exchangeable.

Two better choices - rebuild the existing motor or buy a crate motor directly from GM.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net