need help replacing gas sending unit

I have an 95 olds minivan silhouette. Just ran out of gas. Tank said I had a 1/4 left. No red low level light came on. Tank hasn't been reading right for
a while. How hard is it to replace sending unit? Can someone run down the steps. I think I can with a little help. THanks
Tj wrote:

Pretty easy. Drop the tank, take out old sender, put in new one, put tank back. There should be about 3 hoses, one (or two) elec plugs, and the filler pipe. A floor jack and small piece of plywood is a big help, especially when there is gas in the tank. Make sure you get the O-ring seal in correctly.