Need help with 93 Oldsmobile

My 93 Olds, ciera, 3L, v6 when it gets warm after a few miles the car will stall when applying brakes. It will shudder before dying. After restart, if brakes are applied, as
soon as it is put in drive it dies.
What gives??? How best to repair???? Is there any further troubleshooting I need to do before taking to a shop.
Since my wife's surgery, there isn't much money to spend on repairs.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like the Torque Convertor Clutch solenoid isn't allowing the Torque Convertor Clutch to release after it's applied.
You have a bad tcc selenoid. It is not recommended but if need be and to verify the problem, disconnect the 4 prong connector on the side of the transmission. Then go driving. If it is not stuck on when you unplug it, it will not stick again.

will stall when applying

applied, as soon as it is put

troubleshooting I need to do before