need help with a starting problem

Once in a while my sons car won't start. Olds 96 cutlass 3.1. It does have the security key. It won't crank. Nothing. Not sure if it is the security giving him trouble or the alternator. Any suggestions or ideas to trouble
shoot? I can work on cars if pointed in the right direction. Thanks
If the security lite stays on when it won't crank, the problem lies in the passkey system.

If it is an intermittent problem the fault lies in the starting system, not the coded key. Have the system evaluated by a competent tech before your son is left stranded, WBMA.
mike hunt
Tj wrote:

I was only thinking it was the key because it only happens once a month. I will have to ask it if it lights up a security waring light.

have
security
trouble