Need Olds Cut Ciera keyless entry programming instructions

Hi all: I need keyless entry programming instructions for my 92 Olds Cutlass Ciera. If anyone has those instructions, or knows where they can be obtained, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks! PE

Reply to
PE

try this ..... tek

  1. HAVE ALL THE TRANSMITTERS TO BE USED WITH YOUR VEHICLE PRESENT, EVEN IF ONLY ONE IS USED.
  2. LOCATE THE DATA LINK CONNECTOR (DLC). THIS IS LOCATED UNDER THE STEERING COLUMN.
  3. USE A JUMPER WIRE TO PROVIDE A PATH FROM THE RKE PROGRAMMING CIRCUIT (PIN 8) TO GROUND (PIN 4). GROUNDING THE PROGRAMMING CIRCUIT CAUSES THE DOOR LOCKS TO LOCK AND THEN UNLOCK, AND THE REAR LIFT GATE TO RELEASE (IF SO EQUIPPED). AFTER THIS CYCLING, THE RECEIVER IS READY TO BE PROGRAMMED. 4. KEEPING THE PROGRAM CIRCUIT GROUNDED, SIMULTANEOUSLY PRESS AND HOLD THE LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON THE TRANSMITTER FOR ABOUT 10 TO 15 SECONDS. THE DOOR LOCKS AND LIFT GATE (IF SO EQUIPPED) WILL CYCLE AGAIN INDICATING THAT THE TRANSMITTER IS NOW READY TO USE. IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE, CHECK THE TRANSMITTER BATTERY. IF YOU ARE ONLY PROGRAMMING ONE TRANSMITTER, PROCEED TO STEP 6.
  4. STILL KEEPING THE PROGRAM CIRCUIT GROUNDED, REPEAT STEP 4 WITH THE NEXT TRANSMITTER. DO NOT WAIT MORE THAN ONE MINUTE BETWEEN PROGRAMMING THE TRANSMITTERS OR THE RECEIVER WILL EXIT THE PROGRAM MODE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER AT STEP 3. YOU CAN PROGRAM UP TO 4 TRANSMITTERS IN THIS MANNER. IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, OR ACCIDENTALLY DISCONNECT THE GROUND FROM THE DLC YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER AT STEP 3.
  5. REMOVE JUMPER WIRE FROM THE DATA LINK CONNECTOR.
  6. FINALLY, TEST THE OPERATION OF EACH TRANSMITTER.
Reply to
sdowney717

OR do this

The ones the sequence that I posted doesn't work for should have a 2-pin pigtail on the module. The most-common locations I know of for the module are in the left-rear fender cavity in the trunk, or in the rear deck between the sheet metal the speakers mount in and the deck's surface. Find the unused (i.e. no other wiring plugged into it) pigtail, and using a paperclip or a short U-shaped piece of wire, jumper the pigtail's 2 pins together. The module should click when you jumper (short) them, and then each time you press lock and unlock at the same time on a remote unit it should also click to signify that remote's been accepted. Then do the next remote unit. When it's accepted them all, remove the jumper from the pigtail.

Reply to
sdowney717

Or do this

Ok all roadmaster wagons Simply ground the black wire with white stripe on the receiver located in the left rear compartment. There are 2 connectors. You want the smaller connector. then press the buttons etc,,,

Reply to
sdowney717

or do this

To do this, you will need to find the RECEIVER PROGRAM TERMINAL. It is a two point connector that is open ended and should be somewhere near the antenna for the Keyless entry system. (The connector is located on the right rear area of my trunk behind the bedliner in my car) The following instructions are directly from my service manual: IMPORTANT: Since the keyless programming will lock the doors, BE SURE TO LEAVE THE DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW DOWN IN CASE THE PROGRAMMING DOESN'T WORK. 1. Turn the ignition off

  1. Place a jumper on the two terminals on the receiver programmer terminal connector.(keep it in until step 6)
  2. Within 2 seconds the doors will lock. The UNLOCK and Trunk release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. The unit is now ready for programming.
  3. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the fob at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The trunk will open and the horn will honk. This indicates the remote is programmed in the system.(This takes approx. 12 seconds) 5. Repeat the previous steps for all transmitters.
  4. Remove the jumper from the programmer terminal. 7. Verify the proper operation of the transmitter.
Reply to
sdowney717

I put these all together from previous peoples posts when I had to program my own 93 and 94 roadmaster wagons

Reply to
sdowney717

This one worked! Thanks very much. PE

Reply to