Need to change signal switch . Any tips ?

Need to change one on a 1991 Buick Regal . Any tips or tricks on the procedure would be very helpful.

Reply to
JRL

Why do you think the stalk switch is bad?

(The whole stalk has to be changed.)

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Reply to
JRL

Mine does the same thing, it's quite a PITA to have hold the stalk just right to get the blinker going. I asked my uncle about it and he said something about a special tool.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Yes, the entire stalk has to be replaced. Read the Helm manual for the procedure.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Having just done that surgery, I had to go and buy a wheel puller. As for the special spring compressor, I just used the parts of the wheel puller, along with two (or three) equal sized sockets to push the locking plate down to get to the snap ring.

My actual time was about 3 hrs, but that included a lot of cursing and swearing, and having a friend point out where I went wrong.

Vuarra

Vuarra