Neighbor & his Tail lights

Jr. across the street bought a 2000 Z-28 about two months ago. Everytime I see the car something has been done to it.

First it was an aluminum gas tank door. Then he put two silver stripes angling toward the front right above the front tires. The strips are only like 5 inches in legnth.

Last week he got after those clear tail lights with the chrome background with the little two inch diameter red dots for turn signal & brake & tail lights. You can barely see them.

Today, he was taking new lights out, putting the factory tail lights back in & returning the new tail lights becasue both of them had leaked & fogged up with condensation.

Wonder whats next ?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~293,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Hmmm I think that includes the ass end of "thy neighbour's" Z28. :) Kidding of course Perhaps you should explain to your neighbour that ricearoni is reserved for the "rice rockets" & that the reason for this is because the money that is saved on fuel is spent on replacing the replacement parts continually.

Z28's should be more go than show. Not visa-versa

Just my very biased opinion

Reply to
Full_Name

What kind of car did you have at his age Harry? I'm just curious as I read and enjoy your posts most of the time. Its a fad remember...... the wide tires and crager mags. I bet he'll get those small tires with the large skinny mags next. I know its all about show and no go with this generation as when we were young it was the hurst shifter, crager mags, hot cams and Holley carbs that actually did something. Remember all the show stuff was googley balls, steering knobs and chrome hub caps. Don't forget the raccoon tail on the antenna with the blonde girly pen hanging from the mirror......LOL....... Kinda like the chrome lights and dash accessories they have now. Same shit in a way.............they just have more show accessories now a days as I think we had or could afford more "Go" things. The Muscle years.........

We could burn rubber to piss off the neighbours and now they have boom boxes with mega amps.. interesting........cheers...

Reply to
Lanze

Lanze

Read my list from the bottom u p & you'll know what car I had as a kid. For me in was 8 inch wide tape stripes running down the bottom of the car, the hood & the trunk lid.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~293,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I remember in 64 and 65, raising the front end a few inches was all the rage. By 68, everyone was lowering the front and raising the rear. :) H

Reply to
Hairy

Its all show and no go for my generation because of a few things.

  1. We pay higher insurance. Insurance companies discovered that 300HP muscle cars driven by highschoolers was not a good thing. Insurance is also higher on cars because it costs more to repair them. Airbags, alloy wheels, unibody construction, composite headlamps, all add repair costs.
  2. Big crackdown on street racing. Its always been there, I'm pretty sure harryface did his share of streetracing as a kid. Of course now its a mainstream-mainstreet event in any decent sized city. Plus with a more countrywide newsmedia, a street racing incident gone wrong that happens in one city becomes a major story in every city, thus more people hear about them, more often, so public awareness has been increased.
Reply to
Paradox

speak for yourself. I'm only 30 and I've always been all go, who cares what it looks like... maybe I'm just old.

Ray (with a stock looking 01 Trans Am...)

Reply to
Ray

ParaDoX wrote; I'm sure harryface did his share of street racing when he was a kid.

LOL, Yeah, I barreled down Main Street with a LeSabre 350-2 barrel with a 300 Turbine 2 speed trans........or better yet an Impala with a 350 2 barrel.

LOL !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~293,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Haha see he wouldn't lie....

Harryface: "stupid kids! your doing it all wrong! back in my day, we used to street race with cars that had balls! and on top of actually being able to go fast, we weren't able to stop, because they had good old fashioned drum brakes, not these fancy smanshy disk brakes, with more cylinders in the calipers then the car has in the engine!"

Reply to
Paradox

yeah 30 puts you out of the age bracket I was refering to.

Reply to
Paradox

I wish I had the time to scrolldown to find out what car Harry drove...anyway I'll check later...in 69 I had as a first car a 64 MG with a

283 sm block welded to the frame, comet rear end and, 2 speed tranny, the brakes were front disc steel on steel, 12v positive ground....junk yard special...and it looked like crap. I think they called it a sleeper....lucky to be alive today.....point being about insurance. We had $ 25 uninsured registration, no brainier for us back then. I think I was the stupid kid but just followed the norm.. like many did. BTW....beat the 351 cleveland mustang, 350 camaro, had trouble with the big blocks 396 and up!! LOL.

Reply to
Lanze

Paradox wrote in alt.autos.gm

First of all, it isn't. There is a fairly large contingent of young people who are very interested in building go fast cars. And they really look down on the show and no go crowd. Secondly, back in the 60's, it was fairly cheap to get a car and make it go faster. Today, because of all the computer controlled equiptment, and the fact that a stock engine is pretty efficient, it is much harder to get the extra hp.

Reply to
Dick C

Hey! At least you had V-8's and twice the barrels I had! In 1982 I was cruising around in a rust gutted 1964 BISCAYNE with a small (I'm sure it was the smallest as my dad almost always got that) straight 6!

The car was on it's last legs. If you put the pedal to the floor, the car simply died, and you had to re-start it. LOL!

Still wish I had it now, though, rust and all. They don't make 'em like they used to!

I wonder how many camry's that car was turned into. :)

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

Lanze,

You don't have to scroll down anywhere to know what I drove a long time ago. Its says under my signature on every post. Read it from the bottom to top