New Blower Motor

Just a follow up to my "No Heat" post at the end of November......
As reported the heater was working hit & miss at times, then finally
stopped around Nov 27th. I replaced the resistor with a brand new one I bought in 2001 and never used. I tried several other relays that are known to be good that resulted in nothing happening.
After some test light probes when it warmed up about ten days ago I was getting power to the back of the connectors connecting to the fan switch and blower motor. I run a direct hot wire for a second time (January 3rd) to the blower and got nothing. The first time (in December 2nd) it run.
Disassembled the blower motor and saw the .075 thousandths deep wear mark were the brushes rode and had my answer.
The culprit ended up being a worn commutator. The brushes were hitting some exposed spots of bare metal. Brushes were still about 1/2 long.
The blower was the original. It lasted almost 17 years (in February) and worked perfectly for 311,000 miles
$78.00 later I have heat again.
harryface 91 Bonneville 311,087 05 Park Avenue 64,492