new buick

they show preview of this car and it looksto be a lesabre/park ave replacement.. i signed up to the thing they havethere. i cant wait to see what she is

Reply to
MichaelPa2004

If it ends up looking like last years Taurus then its probably the Buick Lucerne, supposedly the LeSabre replacement. A friend saw a sneak peak photo and said it looked like a Taurus.

I will stop by Buick at the Chicago Auto Show.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,316 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Let us know.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I bought this car on November 2004. The name in Canada is Allure. I already made 2,5000 Km

Boba Vancouver BC

Reply to
Boba & Ilinka

yeah let us all know about the auto show cant wait to see it

Reply to
MichaelPa2004

I could just compare it with a Regal 1996. Instead of 3800 II it has 3800 III engine in. It sounds little bit more noisier on acceleration that the old one. It could be caused by poor insulation. I hope they solved a problem with gaskets on the engine. Old burned oil and mixed oil and coolant. Mine doesn't have ABS. In the 4th gear it is 10% faster with the same RPM. Inside is more gadget than on Regal.

- On Star. It is like cell phone. They could unlock the car from the satellite and also track the car if stolen. In case that air bag blow, they call you and offer you a help. Also they could check engine.

- Handels on the top to easy get in and out. Divider between rear seats with cup holders.

- dash board has a lot of icons: Some new: Inform you when is the time to change oil. Indicator that a door or trunk is open. Gasoline tank cap "off" indicator doesn't work! Gear indicator on the dash board. It look like that is little bit smaller then regal but I am not sure.

Boba Vancouver BC

Reply to
Boba & Ilinka

Just to keep you from yelling at your dealer unnecessarily... The "CHECK GAS CAP" message will only appear after the OBD II system fails a couple of consecutive diagnostic tests. The warning will generally not appear immediately. The vehicle does not directly detect the status of the gas cap, instead it takes advantage of the EVAP monitors to alert the driver to a possible loose gas cap. The message can also appear if there is a leak in the EVAP system. If I were taking a guess, I'll bet you intentionally drove around with your gas cap off as a test. You might have to drive around several days before the computer determines the gas cap is loose/missing depending on driving conditions.

~Roger

Reply to
Roger Maxwell