new gm auto

I now have $2300 towards a new auto on my gm visa that I accumulated over the past few years, what is a good quality gm auto ? Need lots of room as I golf and
travel...
cheers jake
Century, Le Sabre, Olds 98 you cant really go wrong with GM in middle and full size, smaller than that Iand you look for trouble.Never buy on the first year of production, per example I wouldn't buy a Malibu 2004, I got burnt in 97...never again

Why mention the Century and LeSabre and NOT the Regal? The Regal is bigger than the Century, has a bigger engine, can be had with better options and I don't think the final cost comes in THAT much higher than the Century...

Ooops !! Yes I forgot the Regal, on the other hand the Regal isn't a bigger car, but yes have a bigger engine. The Regal is a very nice car too but the price difference makes the Century a better choice in my book.
More options on the Regal,? will check it out. thanks jake
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:46:49 GMT, Mike Levy

Regal can be optioned with the 3.8, that you seem to like. It has plusher seats, from what I can tell. Can be had with a touring suspension, 16" wheels and Goodyear Eagle LS tires. My parents have a 2000, it's a nice car, hasn't been in for much warranty work, I think a broken glovebox door and a worn tie-rod end account for all of it, besides replacing the tires which was not done free.

good advice, thanks Jake

Jake wrote:

plan on carrying a lot of stuff/people get the 3.8L as the 3.4L is fine for just my wife and me in the car, but add more people and you can start to feel the extra load.

Check out the Chevy Equinox (minivan/SUV hybrid), the Montana/Venture minivans, and the Pontiac Vibe (small wagon).
I have to buy new to use the gm visa dollars, will be waiting for early spring. yr 2005. jake

We sometime go south for the winter, need lots of room for baggage and golf clubs. thanks 3.8l is worth a look. jake