New I-5 engine in Colorado

Anyone have any issues good or bad about this engine in the Colorado and why can't you get it in a Canyon?

It's the 4.2 I6 with a cylinder lobbed off. I do remember hearing about some problems with the 4.2 when they first came out but I think now the problems have been resolved. It's been on the Wards (I think that's the list) best engine list a couple times (the 4.2 that is).
I'm not sure where you saw/heard you can't get it in the Canyon because you can.
noname wrote:

You can get it in a Canyon....basically an identical truck to the Coloradeo.
We've just started doing one repair to the 5 cylinder engine. Some of them have misfire problems that is addressed by replacing all the exhaust valve springs. We've only done one so far, but there is a bulletin out on it...so I would not be surprised to see a bunch more.
Ian
What about mileage Ian?

noname wrote:

Sorry, can't help you there...I just fix them....don't really keep track of stuff like that....(grin)
Ian