New Impala

Is there ANYONE out there, other than GM management, that thinks the new Impala looks better than the old one? The old one at least had some unique
character to its styling and looked like nothing else.
Is there ANYONE out there who thinks it is a car that one could take the badges off of and have it be recognizable as an Impala...or anything else other than some generic Korean/Japanese model (before they learned how to put some style in their cars)?
Come on, GM, get with it before no one buys your cars.
- GRL

motor :)
That's is exactly what I was thinking. They resissued the Lumina with Impala badges.
Brad Clarke wrote:

Apparently GM's new solution to losing more market share to Asian auto makers is to make their cars look like Japboxes.
Dennis Smith
GRL wrote:

bigger and v8 engine

06 Impala's rear end look like Chrysler 300C's from a few years ago.
GRL wrote:

No kidding. I am becoming more skeptical of the Bob Lutz miracle buzz by the day!
John

What's so frustrating is that GM used to be easily the best stylists in the business. Sure, their cars rode soft, didn't handle, had hard-plastic, el- cheapo interiors and ancient engines --- but they consistantly pumped out very attractive cars.
The G6 is a looker (in person). The Buicks are beautiful. But, somehow, the Chevy designers all took a "generic" class. Really, there's a humorous film in here somewhere with an Impala or Cobalt in all white having a UPC label on it's hood to represent "generic" styling.
The outside style lets the entire car down, because GM is doing a good job with their interiors and driving dynamics. J
John Horner wrote:

You're all smokin' crack, right? The nicest thing you can say about EITHER Impala is they don't look like any other current Chevy products.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

I'm not particularly in love with the new design, but it's not the worst thing. I sat in one this summer and I thought the interior was better than my '02 until I touched the dash and it was loose (upper part would move about 1/4" up and down). I guess I won't be trading in mine.

Camry because they are reliable and a good value, not for their styling, or lack of it. If GM had Honda's or Toyota's reputation for quality they could get away with it, but they don't. Chrysler, on the other hand, makes cars with personality that are selling well even though they don't have any better QC than GM.
At least the new Impala doesn't look offensive from any angle, like the Malibu does from the front. Yeech.