new oil

There are new sources being developed to get oil cheaper out of sand.

us will be getting enough oil locally soon.

saudi and other oil producers will soon be less important.

the price of oil will stop going up.

the political landscape is sure to change.

Reply to
gosinn

Excessive drinking while posting is not encouraged...

Reply to
PeterD

gosinn

The price of oil and gas will obviosly stop rising.

The political impact will be a lot more interesting and important.

How this will impact the electrifying the autos will also be interesting to see.

Some might conclude that we can just continue with the big gas gusslers as if nothing had happened.

I am most interested to see how this will hit the Saudies.

Reply to
gosinn

nothing had happened.

Currently the cost of much of the crude oil has almost nothing to do with the cost of producing it.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The cost of keeping the Saudis happy is huge

Reply to
gosinn

I wasn't talking about the voracity of your post, but the poor use of the language.

Reply to
PeterD

The US can shed its longstanding dependence on Saudi Arabian oil within the next decade, redrawing the world's political systems and potentially leading to runaway global warming.

Reply to
gosinn

next decade,

global warming.

OK, this is what I was talking about when I said 'language'... I can't tell, from what you have written if you are for, or against the 'cause' from what you say.

One hint, from someone who's written a number of books: instead of posting immediately, let a reply sit for a while then re-read it and see if it still makes sense.

Reply to
PeterD

I think we stand at a turning point because of this option becoming more easily available.

When the oil will be coming more from other countries than the middle east the politics are sure to change dramatically.

What will happen to the price of oil is difficult to say but the pockets it goes into are not the same as now generally.

The people predicting the end of oil are once again proven wrong.

Will we be going in for more use of electrical cars or just stumble on with the combustion engine?

Will we continue adding trains and other public transport?

Whatever happens I think it will be interesting to watch.

Reply to
gosinn

the new energy is metan so it will be interesting to see if the metan will be used directly in cars or if it will be used to create electricity

Reply to
gosinn