New SRX - do you think it is...

Hi, I'm going to buy an SUV, however I still can't decide whether to buy full-size SUV or go for something smaller like for example the new Cadillac SRX!
Does anybody have a SRX, have you seen it on the street/in dealership? What do you think about the vehicle? It has a good press! Mercedes and BMW have something similar, right?
I don't know what other SUVs are in the class… Volkswagen Touareg… Which one would you buy?
As you can see I have more questions than answers! :(
At last but not least, what's your opinion about Cadillac? I'm from Europe and I don't know what to think about it... I know that German cars are good! THANKS a lot for any opinions!!! Peter
Add pictures here
✖
This month's Car and Driver has a pretty good comparison test ("Big-Box Sports Cars"). The SRX comes out ahead, but your personal criteria might be different. Certainly worth picking up a copy just for their observations .