Newer car Basket Case

Page 2 of 2
thanks for that info Bret:
The metal buildings the area contractors erect, seem to buckle or fall when it snows more than a foot. I was looking at a contractor from Lebanon, Pa.
I'll ask about the brand: "Package".
Maybe I can rent a crane to put it up myself and save ten grand?
I bet my accountant would love that!
LOL
Thank you again!
Refinish King
wrote:

equipment
the
manufacturing,
anything

when
Ya know my business partner is a Union Operator, and he has Mill-Wight, and rigging buddies. There all petty much out of work right now. Im sure they could all use a bit of money. Charles
Soon as I get the DEP paperwork:
I'll be ready to fly!
I'll keep you posted.
Refinish King

Pa.
Mill-Wight,

Cool. BTW: did you ever get my e mail? Charles
Yes:
I finally replied to it tonight, sorry I took so long. I had an appointment with the DEP and the SBA today, so my nerves were a wreck!
get back to me when you get a chance?
Refinish King

appointment
I wanted to make sure it got thru. Crystal Tech's mail server had a fart this week and I got like 20 mails bounce, even though 5 people got mails that it said bounced. Web Hosting compaines out west, go figure.
Ill reply shortly. Charles
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:10:49 -0400, "Refinish King"

this is their website www.packagesteel.com PA is the southern end of their range. the only problem they ever had was that a contractor was "stretching" the buildings by eliminating the laps in the purlins/girts and had one collapse... that contractor has been out of business for quite some time, however. my soon to be former employer has been a package dealer in Maine for just over 20 years, there have been zero structural failures in any buildings we have put up. they are very heavily braced, extremely so if a rail or beam crane is installed.
package works somewhat like a car manufacturor... i.e. you need to go through a dealer. they're got a contact page on their website.
something also to consider is the price of steel is on it's way to tripling in price over what it was a little over a year ago... we've had alot of buildings go on semi-permenant hold because of the increase in cost.

you'd have to go to crane school first before anyone would rent one to you. we haven't used a crane in 4 years. we use a Caterpillar TH63 telehandler to hang all the iron.
-Bret

DAMN....for that money I'll tow my stripped Cutlass to you anywhere North America and STILL come in thousands cheaper than around here...Closest quote I got for a quality street paint job SIGHT UNSEEN mind you was $5000. Where you at???

only
you
$50.00
you
rebuilders,
in
and
for
had
money
made
We
work,
Go figure...they sponsor Jeff Gordon...ewwww

can
come
and
atleast
mostly
on
them.
and
shop.

As far as missing parts you probably will be OK because the former guy didn't want to take of more than necessary, hopefully. You may have to scronge aroung those boxes for miscellaneous. The engine you're getting doesn't sound like a prize, but maybe it will be a surprize. If they didn't want to take any chances and did the head gaskets while the engine was out that could be a plus. I'm sure you will warn your customer that you can't warrant an engine you did not work on and never heard running. You can offer that the both of you will have to watch it closely for early failures. He must have gotten some short warranty with the engine, excluding your labor of course.

have
out
not
customer in

done
ever
most
ect. So

parts
engine
bit
(IE:
needed
something
I wouldn't say that. The other "mechanic" is nothing more then a parts changer. A rather good conn artist. I personally can't stand him. He used to work for my land lord, who he ripped off.
Some odd things are missing. He pulled the fuel rail out. Moved it over, left it connected. Yet one of the injectors is gone. The belt tensioner has been disasembled, and the spring cover is gone. I know I will have to make a few trips to the salvage yards. Thankfully I know where a 95 Grand Prix is sitting with a bad engine that I can rob bols from. Charles
Better stop at the drug store for that big bottle of Tylenol.
Sounds like its going to be headache time.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
In this case Charles:
Your responsibility is to warranty the installation only!
I.E.: Wiring as connected or any repairs made to wiring, belts and hoses for leaks or slippage. (They are responsible for quality) Loose or missing bolts, because you can go to a salvage yard to get what's missing and charge by the hour, plus a procurement fee.
I would by no means warranty the customer supplied assembly!
I have done basket cases like this, being one of the very few shop operators in the area, with the brains to work out of a hornet's nest that some back yarder, or a friend of theirs weaved.
So my advice: "Don't warranty what you have no control over, motor or transmission!)
Refinish King

more
for
awaiting
in
engine
coming
I have a complete fuel injection rail, and a rebuildable head for that motor...I also have the upper intake, , and the large intake hose off of it.

more
for
awaiting
in
engine
coming

it.
Ill keep that in mind. I have thought about converting an older 2.8 car to Gen III 3.1/3100 head, intake, and injection set up. How much would you want for the parts you have? Charles
cheap.....If they are in fact what you are looking for. I would need to run the number on the head to be 100% sure. I am second guessing myself. The motor was out of a 1994 Grand Am. They are well used parts and have no clue what they are worth. I won't gouge you. I also have the steel coolant hose to go with the parts too. I dunno. see what they go for around you, and then I'll price mine taking shipping into consideration, and try to beat thier prices with shipping....Hows that sound?

car

more
for
awaiting
in
engine
coming
Update: Customer still has not supplied engine. Yard still doesn't have it "ready"
Yesterday I got a core Gen III 3.1/3100 for free. No intake, or accessiorses, yet it aught to be usefull. The people that had it were happy just to find someone to haul it off. Charles
Always a good catch!
just the crank is worth a good buck!
Refinish King

have