No heater display for 1995 Buick Park Avenue

Can anyone help me? My display for my heater including all other controls do not work. I am unable to turn anything on including my rear defog. The fan is on and I am able to turn this up/down somewhat by using the temp switch on the sterring wheel. Any hints?

Reply to
playtoy

Whish I could help, but that hasn't happend to me yet. My guess is it's a fuse or possible a harness connector that has come loose. Has there been any recent work done? Sometimes a tech will leave something disconnected accidently.

Ed '95 Park Ave Ultra with its own problems!

Reply to
Ed

The control head is probably shot. Happened on momma's 91 Caddy three times. The digital display would blink, fade out or just not light.

On her car it was a used rebuilt that was put on with a 1 year warranty. Lasted 11 months then replaced under warranty. It was $277 in 2001 for a rebuilt control head..

Don't you just love electronics?

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,272 91 Bonneville LE 304,498
Reply to
Harry Face

Got everything all fixed up. I went searching through the car and removed the display out of the dash. Then torn it apart and found out that there were two soders that had broke. Fixed this and all went well. Lots of everything now. thanks

Reply to
playtoy

Problem solved..Turned out that I took the unit out of the dash and took a look at the board. It turned out to be two broken solders on the board. Once these were fixed everything works just fine. Thanks to all with the replys.

Reply to
playtoy