No more GM for me? Maybe Toytoa

Reply to
Dave

Mike,

You forget that while the domestics may have 57% of the market, their share keeps declining. We all know that is less than 5 years the "imports" which include domestically made/assembled Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans etc. will take more than 50% of the market. Unfortunately the domestics with limited exceptions have not been making sytlish cars which have been Detriots strength. If they did buys would come back. Look at the Chyrsler 300, Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang etc.

BTW, I have > You are entitled to you own opinion but it is the opinion of a minority.

> In a recent J.D. Power and Associates survey tracking owners who had >> traded

Reply to
Dave

Yawn. No victim here Mike. Just stating the facts, which seems to be a foreign concept to you. The fact is that your claim of well distributed information is precisely

*not* that. But, don't let that little thing stand in your way.

Would that be in your fleet maintenance business? Kindly equate that to the average consumer. Apples and oranges look alike to you don't they Mike?

You'd be hard pressed Mike, to come up with a high percentage of GM customers who were unexpectedly surprised by their dealers when their intake gaskets were announced to be covered under an extended warranty. Most dealers simply quote the price and take the money. I never paid to have a gasket set replaced. Your reading comprehension fails you again Mike. I stated that I bought the gaskets from the dealer - installed them myself. Said dealer (whom I purchased the car from), made no mention of any extended programs that might cover this car.

If you're going to continue to participate in a forum where the written word is the method of communication Mike, you really should learn to read.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

My response would have been informative to you, but I have decided not to post it. It contained many references to GM's behavior with respect to quality support, and I really don't want to air it here.

There is a perception that one is purchasing quality. GMs advertising draws on quality and innovation.

The conditions of the warranty are no doubt legally correct. If a person is not satisfied by the way he or she has been treated by GM, he should buy something else.

GM expects to lose about 17% of its sales volume this year, according to recent news.

Reply to
<HLS