No new car today

No MYKUNTer, you're obfuscating the matter as usual; the Seller signs the title transfer part IN THE PRESCENCE of a Notary Public, who then affixes his/her seal testifying that the signature is genuine. After that, it's ONLY necessary for the buyer to go to the courthouse, and the Seller needs no further involvement. Further, some States don't even require the Seller's signature to be validated by a Notary; I know that Indiana didn't in '98 when I SOLD a car there, and Oklahoma didn't in '77 when I BOUGHT a car there.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Typical bait & switch. I'd have left immediately.

Reply to
Spam Begone

Most GM dealers here now do. A smart way to survive!

Reply to
who

Spam Begone wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telus.net:

My brother's mother-in-law needed a car after hers had just blown up. She made only like $9/hour as a nursing home worker and isn't too savvy about cars/negogiating. My brother saw a newspaper ad, this was in like

2000, for a Geo Metro coupe for $7500 or something. It was the loss leader: car sold at cost or below cost to get folks in. They then say "sorry that car's been sold." So they get there to the Geo/Chevy place and of course the $7500 car is gone. He haggled and threatened to leave and ended up getting her a Metro sedan with auto tranny and AC for $8800 or something, not much more than the base coupe. With a low payment even --like $150/month. She would have probably have ended up paying a lot more for a lesser car, if buying the car herself. I never let my mom go alone to a dealership. The salesmen are like sharks looking for victims.
Reply to
Grappletech

Precisely my point, dummy

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When I was Group Sales Manger for one of the largest mega dealerships groups on the east coast, we sold just about every brand on the market, in six states.. That is how one makes big bucks in the industry. Even back then we made the largest profit margins on those 'smarter than the average' buyers that bought import brands ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What IS your point, IDIOT?

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Yep, multi-line dealerships are the way to go for profit. If one brand isn't popular, there are 4 or 5 other lines to sell. Do these multi-line dealerships commonly allow the salespeople to sell ALL the brands? Or are they trapped selling one brand? It'd be tough to sell one brand, esp. if that brand doesn't have exciting products. Like Eugene Levy's character in Vacation (1983)....."The Wagon Queen Family Truckster........this is your automobile!........If you think you hate it now, just wait'll you drive it!"

Reply to
grappletech

I'm sorry Mike - but you are full of shit. I live here, I've bought and sold many cars over my lifetime and I have never - not even once, had to appear with the other party before any agency at all - not even a notary public.

Please Mike - you delight in making an ass of yourself on usenet and that's your pergoative, but you really should limit just how much and how often you expose yourself.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Ya right ;)

mike hunt