No Snow Chains on a Yukon??

I have a '04 Yukon 2WD with 265/70-17 tires. The manual states that you can not put snow chains on these tires. What are you suppose to do when snow chains or 4WD are required? Has anyone put chains on these
tires anyway?
Thanks,
John
On 1 Dec 2004 10:40:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (John Davison) wrote:

I know that there used to be a temporary nylon "chain" that was available which could probably have worked. Not sure where to get one nowadays though.
Those are some wide tires you've got there. Perhaps a spare set of winter rims & tires might be your only route.
265's on a slush covered highway. The definition of excitement !

265's aren't all that wide... I've got 265-75/16's (pretty much the same OD) BFG AT K/O's on my truck and it does great in the winter. I would agree to get some steel wheels/ snow tires ( gotta love the old Snow King bias tires) before venturing out with the most likely stock tires, esp if chains are req'd.
-Bret
(John Davison)

I agree, I have P265/75 R16's (the factory size) on my K1500 and haven't ever had problems in the snow. Of course I've never driven it in more than 6 inches, but it went great in that.
Brian
I bought a set of SCC Z LT cables. They meet the SAE class S clearance requirements for vehicles with limited clearances. They work great on my Yukon!
http://www.scc-chain.com/Pages%20Traction/Traction%20products/szlt.html -- John