No turn Signal 2002 Malibu

Hi I was driving home in my Newly purchased Malibu and the Turn signals stopped working. I tried everytrhing else in the car and all seems to be working
fine including the 4-way Warning flasher, allof the bulbs around the car are OK. I checked all fuses and didnt find any blown. Can someone direct me in the place where I can check this out. where is the turn relay on this car. Also, where can I get an inexpensive Service manual?
Thanks
Larry

stopped
are
the
Newly purchased? You can't have the seller stand behind this?
In what way did the signals fail? Does either side work properly?
Your best bet for an inexpensive service manual is the Haynes manual for your car, available at most aftermarket auto parts stores for under $20.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I need to reply here.
Yes Both lights dont blink and the noisy relay inside the car didnt click. When I got in the car this morning and started the turn signals worked again. Go figure. I have no idea what made them intermittant.
Larry

stopped
are
the
Larry
That's exactly what my car was doing - they would work, and then not. No pattern to it.
doug

I have seen a lot of GM turn signals that work like that. They work for a few seconds then the don't, then they work for a few seconds then the don't, then they work for a few seconds then the don't, then they work for a few seconds then the don't, then they work for a few seconds then the don't. If must be a common problem with GM cars. ;)
mike

Larry P wrote:

__________________ You actually admit you use turn signals - what are you, some kind of a FREAK??!!
;)
-ChrisCoaster
My dissapointment here was realized when no one posted a reasonable answer. something, anything. Perhaps someone has the Service manual, or has some experience with the turn signals being intermittant. I got a lot of stupid comments and jokes. is that what goes on in here?
I used to belong to the Ford group, now I own a chevy. wasnt much better there either. Anyone have something intelligent to add?
gee, thanks Larry

stopped
are
the
Larry P wrote:

SNIP!>
________________________
Larry I was kidding! It seems that you and I are probably the two people in this country who even give two hoots about blinkers - operational or not. I'm sick n' tired of being behind a driver who slows down suddenly and then veers off to the curb or onto a driveway or side street and assumes I can read his/her mind! Cabbies and coppers come to mind...
On my last car - a 96 Ford Contour, the left signal would not turn off even after a hairpin left. They replaced something Ford called an "MFC" or Multi Function Control - Turnsigs, hi-lo beam, wipers, you know?
In your case it sounds like this might be either current not reaching your MFC(or whatever GM calls it). If a fuse is out, it will affect a lot more than just your turn signals, but I could be wrong.
Regards - and apologies for the sophomoric reception you got here! :-D
-CC

What bothers me more are the rednecks that drive 10 under the speed limit and won't pull over and let anyone by, and then as they are approaching their destination they slow down even more and make a career out of turning into a driveway or sideroad - all without the use of directionals or pulling toward the turn side. They all think they're driving 18 wheelers and have to make wide turn swings. Moms in mini-vans and SUV are the worst.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:48:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Yeah, what gets me is the folks that go like that on an interstate and then as you go to pass them (all the while going the same speed on your cruise control), they SPEED UP so that you have to fall in behind them again. Of course then they slow down, you move to the left and start to over take them and then WHAM! They pull the same shit again. Over and over and over. Sure makes one understand how road rage can develop. Sometimes I want to just beat them like an everlast.

answer.
I'm pretty sure I replied suggesting you check into whether there is a recall on your car. It seems to me that I remember hearing/reading something about a turn signal recall that might include your car.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Thanks Guys,
I appreciate any and all advice. Im bringing the Car back to the Used car dealer I buoght it from and he promises to have it Fixed. I checked the Chevy site and found no recalls relating to such turn signals. Does anyone have that number I can call for a GM arbitor (someone that can advise me) or someting like that?
Thanks again
Larry
I already posted that info for you. You're welcome.

I have my answer. I brought the car back to the dealer and they replaced the hazard switch, stating that that was faulty and not allowing the turn Signals to operate Properly. They work now and I hope that was the Fix.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?
TIA Larry

the
Well, let's see... The car was broken. The dealer replaced a part. The car is no longer broken. Any thoughts? Sure - must be they fixed it. What more are you expecting?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Do you trust Every dealer and everything they say? Yeah.. its fixed for now. but it was fixed when I bought the car. 3 days alter it wasnt fixed anymore. Lets see.
Larry

The hazard switch is a common failure.

Well then Larry - I don't see why you'd trust a bunch of faceless participants in a newsgroup over a dealer that you've actually done business with. But - to each his own.