Noisey Wheel Bearing (Follow-Up)

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a grumbling front wheel bearing on my '99 Malibu. The question was, could I wait awhile for the good weather, or did it need replacing right away. Response was mixed.
Anyway, I put another 1000 km or so on the vehicle. Noise got somewhat worse, but not terrible. Today we got a break in the temperature so I had at it.
I was CONVINCED by the sound that it was a drivers side bearing. Just to be sure, I put a stethoscope on the bearings while the car was on stands with the fronts wheels spinning. Guess what, it was the passenger side making the noise.
Popped off the old & on with the new. Also used the new style axle nut so maybe some longevity for the new assembly. Now smooth as silk & SILENT!!
Moral of the story, sounds travel & don't assume!
Thanks Shiden_Kai & others for the advise.
Regards, Al.