noisy steering in 96 Grandam

I asked for this to be fixed when my car was still under warranty. They assured me there was nothing that could be done. My husband sells cars and has had probably over 100 cars in the last 35 years.
We have never had one car that made this sound. Sometimes it sounds like "creek" and sometimes it sounds like "whirrrr". Hope someone can help me.
Thanks
try earplugs!or try replacing PS pump.

Cut him off till he gets you a better car.;-)
Dave