Not every car maker is losing money

I saw this on another group. GM and Toyota had better watch out.
Although 2009 was a down year for many automakers, Hyundai has announced a $728 million operating profit for the last fourth quarter
of last year. Hyundai's record quarter was fuel by strong demand for its fuel-efficient small cars. According to Reuters, Hyundai posted a $728.4 million operating profit during Q4 of 2009, representing a 44 [...] Read More: http://feeds.leftlanenews.com/click.phdo?i 73628779d69ab85f11e422b4d411bf

I suspect that Hyundai's pricing, excellent warranty, and new found reputation for quality has put them in a stronger position than previously. And if they can sell in this market level and make money, they are doing something right.

I used to laugh at people that bought Hyundai and wondered why a reputable dealer would open a Hyundai dealership. They have improved. I just bought my second one about 5 weeks ago. Very good value for the money and very reliable. The Sonata Limited is loaded with nice features.
On 29/01/2010 7:21 AM, hls wrote:

Had a ride in a older one this last summer. Impressed me enough when it comes time to buy another auto, Hyundai will at least get a serious visit from me.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Look in one of the domestic dealers used car lots, they have lots of imports including Hyundai's LOL

Not where I live.
I even told a friend who has a 199x Camray, if he ever sells I want first shot.
On 30/01/2010 11:11 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Mike, Your boilerplate replies to Canuck57 have become tedious. Please refute his post with details or be quiet.

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 01:05:14 -0500, "JimG"

Mike is proving to be a tedious fool. He is the only person in my kill file. It makes reading this group more pleasant as I don't have to wade through his childish replies.
When one can not defend their position they kill file the messenger LOL

Mike, Your boilerplate replies to Canuck57 have become tedious. Please refute his post with details or be quiet. JimG
Mike is proving to be a tedious fool. He is the only person in my kill file. It makes reading this group more pleasant as I don't have to wade through his childish replies. Ed Pawlowski
If you put Mike in your kill file you will not be able to enjoy his reposts of everything written by Canuck57. Rodan. ___________________________________________________________________
Numerous poster have tried to educate this jerk and have often refuted him BS, but he continues to cross post the same old crap un substantiated. He comments do not deserve further rebuke, other than to advise others of his claim that the sly is falling LOL
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

My brother-in-law is a highly trained auto-mechanic, some place that offers 2 year, and 4 year degrees and is known country wide for the quality of their graduates, and many years working for the Mesa, AZ city garage, with many classes in other cities and states. He has experience working for Harley Davidson and General Motors. He says that his next *New* car will be a Hyundai.
I've looked into them and it seems that they have spent many years, decades, in heavy machinery, worldwide, up to heavy ocean tankers, cranes, backhoes, etc.. Cars are simply a little side offering of this company.
I've owned at least one, if not more, of every American car maker's products, as well as a few Porche 944's, Toyota's, and VW's and Audi's.
I would have to say, IMHO, if Hyundai can not produce a 944 style car, with the bugs worked out, I would not own a Hyundai. However, their current offering does not reach this quality of performance. Thus, I will not own a Hyundai.
They may not be performance cars, and thus I am not interested, but I will admit, they do produce a good quality every day driver, a great one for the price.

I drove one of the Azeras when they came out and the quality of ride, paint, and bodywork seemed impressive.
I feel there is a place for some sort of performance car too. I would prefer a true GT type car, but I never stopped liking sports cars with good performance.
OT, I had a ZR1 pass me the other day, and that exhaust note sounded like something interesting. Similar thing happened with a Mustang with the 281 engine. That car HOWLED (I only found out later that this engine is supercharged, puts out plenty of ponies)