OBD II P0102 - Replaced MAF, But Chk Eng Still On

Hi all:
I could use a bit of advice. I have a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix with 38000 Supercharged engine. The check engine light came on with code P0102
MAF Circuit Low Input. I bench tested the MAF sensor. It varied the output voltage signal, but not by much. I purchased a new MAF sensor and bench tested it as well for comparission. It varied the voltage signal by significantly more. I thought I had found the problem. I installed the new MAF sensor. Then I disconnected the battery to clear the old code, reconnected the battery, and then started the car. The Check Engine Light is still on. What else should I be looking at? Any other advice appreciated? Thanks in advance
I don't believe disconnecting the battery will clear the codes on that car. I would run it to a local parts store and see if they'll clear the code for free. If that still doesn't fix the problem check your fuel filter out. Have you replaced that yet?
I went to a parts store and they refused to clear the code, just would read it. So I bought a $69 Innova scanner/eraser at Walmart. Does what it's supposed and doesn;t cost an arm and a leg.

What is the current code and pending code(s)? Don't assume it is the same as before the fix.
On 24 Feb 2006 20:39:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi all,
Thanks for the good advice. I was finally able to get the error codes cleared. I tried disconnecting both positive AND negative battery cables. Previously I had just disconnected positive cable and let the car sit for about 15 minutes. Upon reconnecting and starting up, the check engine light finally stayed off. Not sure if it was a matter of both cables being disconnected, or I had read that some models require three good starts before self clearing a condition code.
Jason

Yes some or most gm cars will need to go through a few drive cycles before codes will clear or come back on after being cleared with a scan tool. Glad to see your problem seems to be solved.
It doesn't matter if you remove one or both cables. In the future for safety reasons ALWAYS remove the negative cable before removing the positive. If the wrench touches any part of the car while removing the Pos cable with the negative still attached you will get severe burns from the wrench welding itself to the car....