OBD-II Scan tool for RKE

Ive been wanting to get me a scan tool. My check engine light has come on. Car runs fine but the light is on. I also bought an additional FOB (remote) for my Buick so I want the ability to put my
car in the program mode to be included with the scan tool. Will any of the scan tools like the AutoTap scanner allow me to put my car in the program the remote mode? Are there any short of the dealership that will?

In short, no. RKE program mode is something the GM Tech-II has that is a proprietary function. You may notice that you no longer need a module to tell the tool what vehicle you have, the OBD-II data stream is now standardized.
What year Buick? Maybe there are scan tool-free programming instructions.
Hopefully, 2000 Lasebra Limited.
Edit...
So I understand, all of these cheap, back yard mechanic type scan tools are one way devices meaning they can take from the computer but not give input? Correct? This would also mean that none of them can be used to boost performance or change any parameters? Correct?

Need a scan tool, sorry.

The "scan tool" cannot be used to adjust parameters, aside from deleting stored codes once the diagnostic is done. A GM Tech-II is needed to perform transmitter programming and other computer adjustments. For performance enhancement, look for a Hypertech Programmer, or other similar units, for your vehicle, if they offer one, but that programmer will still not scan codes or re-program key fobs. I do not see a listing on Hypertech's site for your car.
Some of them have limited parameter tweaking ability. Hypertech makes some such which can reprogram trims, speedometer calibration based on if you change gear ratio or tire size etc.