OBD ll connector-OBD l compliant but with SIX wires....

...and that means I can't use a jumper wire to get a read out. Auto Zone gets a 'link error' when they try to read it with their hand held scanner.
Any body know of a way that I can read it or do I have to go somewhere and
pay the man.
john
You need a special adapter cable on a GM OBD I scan tool to read codes on some of these - they have an OBD II connector, but still use the OBD I (ALDL) communications protocol.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
.....and then you have the 1995 Monte Carlo's with the 3.4L DOHC......ALDL (OBD I) connector, but an OBDII computer.

your gonna hate to hear it, but the only way I know of to read the hybrid split year is with dealer equipment... I havn't seen an aftermarket setup that makes the time to set up a unit to read this... too few models... Bobo