OBD1 Connector missing B (diagnostic) pin - how to fix ???

1994 Buick Regal Custom has the 12 pin OBD1 connector. This

connector is missing the B (diagnostic pin). All other pins are there.

I was hoping to be able to jumper this to clear the SES history, and

also to use as a diagnostic tool, because jumpering the pin to ground

activates a lot of solenoids for troubleshooting purposes.

It looks as though the pin was intentionally left out...

Is there a workaround for this problem....???

(I already have an xray scan tool which does not clear SES codes and can't afford a tech1 for home car repair use).

Thanking you in advance...

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

PIN "B" is intentionally missing. Just disconnect the battery for a minute or so to clear the codes. I don't understand why the XRay won't clear the codes. I made my own scan tool and I can clear the codes. Or maybe it's clearing the history codes but the codes you are seeing are current

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Oops !!! My bad... I checked the drop down menus on the auto xray tool and found the procedure for clearing the codes. Thanks !!!

Bryan

Reply to
Peter

Steve, What does it take to create your own scan tool?

Dave

Reply to
David DeWitt

Reply to