OBD1 Connector missing B (diagnostic) pin - how to fix ???

1994 Buick Regal Custom has the 12 pin OBD1 connector. This
connector is missing the B (diagnostic pin). All other pins are there.
I was hoping to be able to jumper this to clear the SES history, and
also to use as a diagnostic tool, because jumpering the pin to ground
activates a lot of solenoids for troubleshooting purposes.
It looks as though the pin was intentionally left out...
Is there a workaround for this problem....???
(I already have an xray scan tool which does not clear SES codes and can't afford a tech1 for home car repair use).
Thanking you in advance...
Bryan
PIN "B" is intentionally missing. Just disconnect the battery for a minute or so to clear the codes. I don't understand why the XRay won't clear the codes. I made my own scan tool and I can clear the codes. Or maybe it's clearing the history codes but the codes you are seeing are current
Steve

On Mon, 30 May 2005 11:11:01 -0400, "Steve Mackie"
wrote:

tool and found the procedure for clearing the codes. Thanks !!!
Bryan
Steve, What does it take to create your own scan tool?
Dave

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl8192/8192hw.htm