ODB software for the Palm Pilot?

Anyone know where I can find ODB 1.5 software for the Palm Pilot? I'm trying to save myself a shop bill at christmas time.

Reply to
clevere

Specifically, I'm looking to find out what my ABS system is randomly complaining about ..

Reply to
clevere

Try an Autozone. They will pull codes..

Reply to
BillW

Not for my car. It's the I'm not ODB II or ODB I .. It's the ODB I.5

Reply to
clevere

Not sure if they have exactly what your looking for but its worth a shot.

Mastermech

That's close .. but that's for the ODB2 .. and I need ODB 1 ... ugh ..

Reply to
clevere

Assuming it's one of those cars that has an OBD I system but OBD II connector, you'd need a GM OBD I scan tool/software, and then a proper adapter cable to connect into the diagnostic connector. Not all scan tools/software is capable of reading ABS codes, either.

You might be able to get the dealer or a mechanic to pull codes for you, if you're friendly with them at least. Wheel speed sensors (or their wiring harnesses) seem to be the most common trouble spots on the ABS systems, but without the codes you can't be sure if that's the case, or if so, which wheel.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Yes, it's the OBD I with the OBD II connection. I know there is software available for the Palm Pilot to read OBD II but I can't find any really for OBD I..

Reply to
clevere

and it seems I need to learn how to spell

Reply to
clevere

What make/model of vehicle is it? I may be able to help.

Reply to
Steve Mackie
94 Pontiac Grand Prix... 3.1 V6
Reply to
clevere

No.

Yes.

No.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I can't find anything for the PalmOS, but I posted the question on the DYI-EFI GMECM mailing list. If you or someone you know can write Palm software it shouldn't be too hard to read the stream. You would have to build the interface that "Bill" and I built, shown here:

You will also have to get thestream definition file here: ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/ALDLstuff.zip.Your file is "A260.ds" if you have the 4T60E or "A261.ds" if you have the3-speed auto.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

So it is not OBDI?

No, as in they can read ABS codes?

Is ALDL present, and can be utilized in OBDII vehicels, and if not what cars (year ranges) have ALDL interface?

Reply to
AR

Thanks Steve, I'll look into it. Which software do you recommend?

Reply to
clevere

Hmm .. I'm not so hot at reading component diagrams ...

Reply to
clevere

I use CarBytes because it's free.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

If automakers weren't interested in their dealers getting $80 diagnostic fees for hooking cars up to their scanners, they could easily have a small readout on the dash so you could see the # of the trouble code and look it up in the owner's manual and possibly fix it yourself.

Reply to
Justin