ODB software for the Palm Pilot?

Anyone know where I can find ODB 1.5 software for the Palm Pilot? I'm trying to save myself a shop bill at christmas time.

Specifically, I'm looking to find out what my ABS system is randomly complaining about ..

Try an Autozone. They will pull codes..

Not for my car. It's the I'm not ODB II or ODB I .. It's the ODB I.5

Assuming it's one of those cars that has an OBD I system but OBD II connector, you'd need a GM OBD I scan tool/software, and then a proper adapter cable to connect into the diagnostic connector. Not all scan tools/software is capable of reading ABS codes, either.
You might be able to get the dealer or a mechanic to pull codes for you, if you're friendly with them at least. Wheel speed sensors (or their wiring harnesses) seem to be the most common trouble spots on the ABS systems, but without the codes you can't be sure if that's the case, or if so, which wheel.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Yes, it's the OBD I with the OBD II connection. I know there is software available for the Palm Pilot to read OBD II but I can't find any really for OBD I..

Not sure if they have exactly what your looking for but its worth a shot.
http://obd2.com
That's close .. but that's for the ODB2 .. and I need ODB 1 ... ugh ..

and it seems I need to learn how to spell

What make/model of vehicle is it? I may be able to help.

94 Pontiac Grand Prix... 3.1 V6

Not really an expert here but if it is a OBDI just with OBDII connector, you should be able to read the codes by shorting certain pins, and looking at the check engine light. Which pins, not sure but do some more research:) But if there was software out there too pull the codes for OBDI, you would probably need some hardware too... I think most of nonprofessional (cheap) solutions out there for reading OBDII, will not do ABS codes, just Powertrain codes
clevere wrote:

No.
Yes.
No.
Steve Mackie wrote:

Is ALDL present, and can be utilized in OBDII vehicels, and if not what cars (year ranges) have ALDL interface?

I can't find anything for the PalmOS, but I posted the question on the DYI-EFI GMECM mailing list. If you or someone you know can write Palm software it shouldn't be too hard to read the stream. You would have to build the interface that "Bill" and I built, shown here: http://pweb.de.uu.net/pr-meyer.h/aldl.htm . You will also have to get the stream definition file here: ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/ALDLstuff.zip . Your file is "A260.ds" if you have the 4T60E or "A261.ds" if you have the 3-speed auto.
Steve
Thanks Steve, I'll look into it. Which software do you recommend?

I use CarBytes because it's free.

If automakers weren't interested in their dealers getting $80 diagnostic fees for hooking cars up to their scanners, they could easily have a small readout on the dash so you could see the # of the trouble code and look it up in the owner's manual and possibly fix it yourself.
Hmm .. I'm not so hot at reading component diagrams ...