odometer problem

I have a 1999 GMC suburban and 50% of the time the odometer does not register any mileage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Catman

Can't help with your problem, but it is better than on my friends Lincoln, that car would count off miles while it was sitting still. It was about an '88 LSC 2 door. It had an analog type odometer, but the right most digit would gradually turn with the car stopped.

Reply to
Lee Richardson

Wow, that's messed up.

This brings up an interesting question though. With the warranties all having some tie-in to mileage, what happens if during your warranty the odometer messes up? I mean, if the dealer finds out the odometer's fried, then the car's going to end up with a NAM (Not Actual Mileage) title, greatly reducing the car's value. ANd then the dealer can't figure out what the tru mileage is, so there's no real clue as to whether the warranty is still in effect.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard