Off to car heaven

Page 2 of 4

You're the citizen of Rome and you don't know?
Makes one wonder why our friend Civis Romanus Sum is not driving one of those superior FIAT 600s? ;)

You're the citizen of Rome and you don't know?
Mike Hunter wrote:

Because I drive a 2000 VW Golf. Gave a '98 Prizm/Corolla (in fine shape) to son. No desire to buy a Detroit Dud.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Perhaps, but why do you not post in the Jap NGs about how they too are losing money in todays vehicle market? I'm sure Toyota owners would like to know WHY they too are loosing sales and money

Mike Hunter wrote:

Everyone has lost money in this market but Detroit is an ever expanding catastrophe. Toyota & Honda will survive, Detroit can't survive without Bailout Heroin.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Seems our friends, like Civis Romanus Sum with their ten year old Toyotas, that patrol the other brand NGs are merely jealous that they can not afford the new bigger, safer, vehicles that are available on the market today. LOL
wrote:

Perhaps if you were inclined to contribute something to a discussion beyond your cut-and-pastes from the Detroit Free Press (do you do that because you think others need your assistance or simply because you support the theme of the quotation?) or your other terse pronouncements then you wouldn't be favored with such earned appellations.
Mike Hunter wrote:

Why should I buy inferior products? No thanks Mikey.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Sorry.......I didn't realize penis size would be such a sensitive issue for you.

I can take a joke, I can take some ribbing. I've been on USENET long enough to know you get some hard knocks. But you had to drag my wife into it and make comments about her. That just shows what a low life scum you really are.
wrote in message

You've drug her much further into this than I did. What does that make you?
Hairy turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

Allright! Some good old fashioned usenet mud-slinging!
Time for the flamefest!
Meow!
--
www.perfectreign.com
Arf!

He made the initiating comment, all right. I mostly see soccer moms driving them. I think it gives them a sense of safety.

Appearance is a personal preference. You don't like them, and that's fine. I do.

I've seen Cobalt's mudding, but it doesn't mean they all do.
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:37:28 -0500, "80 Knight" <nospam> wrote:

If they had as much room on the inside as they take up on the outside, they'd be more popular!
Obviously you have never been inside of one, if that is what you believe. ;)

They are not intended to all maximum load or passengers. They are intended for a very different purpose. Get a van if that (more room) is your objective. Your comment points out how misunderstood the H1 is by some people, and typifies how GM misread the brand and market.
Perhaps that is because you never go off road in you ten year old Corolla. LOL

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:38:48 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

Shee-it. Are there any 10 year old Corrolas left?

Lots of them, Bubba.. I drove one just recently. It was like a new car.

Hummer H1's (the military Hummer) is, and always was, made by AM General, never GM. GM bought the name 'Hummer', and agreed to buy a few H1s (which they didn't know how to sell). AM General also built and ran the plant that made H2s (next door to the H1 plant). However, since GM has dropped the H2, that plant is being retooled for other vehicles.

GM's Hummer division is nothing. Never was, just smoke and mirrors. The only Hummer that GM ever made was the H3.

No, the only thing GM owns is:
1. The name 'Hummer' and 2. The H3 plant.
Everything else belongs to AM General.

And they will get them, as this has nothing what so ever to do with GM. Now, the public won't be able to buy that little H3 thing that GM created, but WTF, apparently no one cares!
As to the 'Hummer' name, it is just that, a name. Six letters, nothing more.