Off topic E bay stuff

I post to A.A.C.F & A.A.GM regularly.
I thought I would post the sort of crud people give me when I dare to list something on ebay. In this case a car I bought to resell. From a friend of
mine that moved out of state. here's what some idiot sent to me:
dear god man, tow her to a crusher and let her go out with some dignity. for once she was young and pretty and now she is crying out to be set free. let her live again as a toyota or a chinese floor jack, anything but the horrid wreck that has become her. surfdaddy60
I know the car is in bad shape. After All I listed it as a parts car. It's not like you see 1959 Rambler Supers every day.
Do me a favor, look at the car and tell me if you think it's worthy of being listed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item $78019458
And for those of you who think I am just trying to promote my e bay crap. I aint. Dont none of you bid on it.
Charles
I don't understand the question. If I say it's not worth being listed are you going to pull the add? You've got it listed already so I don't understand what your asking.
Brian

list
dignity.
free.
It's hypothetical. I'd be pissed too if I saved a car from a crusher to offer it up to fellow Rambler nuts, and then some guy emails and says it should be sent to the crusher!

of
car.
of
I saw a 1974 Dodge Monaco on sale on ebay a few weeks back. It had belonged to the guy's uncle since new and was in good shape. It was black even. It had no bids on it with 4 days left. You must know what I was thinking. This was just like the Bluesmobile on "Blues Brothers." I sent the guy an email saying he should put "blues brothers" in the title. It never occurred to him to do that. He had forgotten about that film.

its a fine specimen...not that i ever liked ramblers but the body looks solid..i,m sure it will do well as a donor car..as far as the ebay guy, i get them too..seems like they have to tell you how to run your life..i sell things for other people (mostly medium size pieces like bicycles) and i ship only in the usa..you know how many emails i get asking me to explain why i wont ship to australia or canada?why do we have to explain to them?.anyways good luck and i hope the rambler hits reserve..
On Sun, 09 May 2004 10:48:40 GMT, "Charles Bendig"
<snip>

I think that it is a fine thing to do. Putting that car up for sale on as a widely used as E-bay is almost sure to save another Rambler or 2 from the crusher. The interior parts, the chrome, hell even the hubcaps are irreplacable since there are no aftermarket companies that make these parts.
...Ron -- 68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula
x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
RSCamaro spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Charles, I have to agree with Ron, and everyone else that posted so far. Plus, it's your car which means it's yours to do as you see fit. (Within the boundaries of the law, of course... :) ) If this e-mail sender doesn't like it, well, quite frankly, fuck him. He doesn't have to buy it or even look at the ad.
NOI

dignity.
free.
Just hit delete when you get that kind of thing, or complain to ebay about other users harassing you.
eBay is a global marketplace and you can and should put anything on there you are willing to pay the listing fees for.
Somewhere in the world there is someone who is looking for a good Rambler parts car at a reasonable price. Hopefully they will find your listing and everyone will be happy.
In this 'net era we have to be better at letting s*** roll off our backs than ever before.
John
It's all there!
Seems restorable to me, and I'm a restorer. If I had a place to do it, I'd buy it and restore it. It would bring back old memories, because my friend had a 60 that looked the same, in green.
Somewhere, there's someone that will thank you profusely, for not crushing a car that will bring back memories of their younger years.
I personally thank you for not doing it, because of the memories it brought back for me!
Refinish King

list
dignity.
free.
If you take a trash can and gold plate it, it is STILL a trash can !
On Sun, 9 May 2004 20:43:24 -0400, "Refinish King"

Maybe you drive a Ford?
You must have a yeast infection!
Refinish King

of
the
car.
of
bay

list
dignity.
free.
Your listing looks honest to me, you see what you get. You don't see those cars on the road much anymore, hope someone saves it. I'd just ignore surfdaddy. ;^)
Dave