OIL DETECTIVES ??

2002 BUICK 70,000 miles
I usually have the oil/filter changed ( PENNZOIL ) every 3000 > 4000 miles.
It always looks "clean and gold".
It's been about 1000 miles since my last oil change, and for the first time ever, the oil looks really dirty.
Is the engine finally starting to "break in" ??
<rj>

You are most likely getting HC residues in the oil due to some sort of control widget in the fuel system being worn out / mis-adjusted. Check a service manual to determine which items (ie: PCV valve, EGR valve, O2 sensor, fuel line filter, etc.) are due for replacement by now.
HTH
B.

you failed to mention what engine! but, if its a 3.1 and the oil looks 'muddy'ask the group about intake manifold gasket 'widgets'.........kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention