oil pressure gauge questions

the oil pressure gauge on my car(94 buick regal, 10w30) drops below 40 when it comes to a stop and goes back to a little above 40 when put gas. Is this normal? also observe a little oil leak, does it have
anything to do with the oil pressure dropping?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The gauge is behaving normally because of engine oil pump RPM variations, but the oil leak needs fixing, or soon you may have ZERO oil pressure.

Thanks. I just DIY the oil change last Saturday. I didn't see oil leak overnight saturday. Drove 60+ miles on sunday and didn't move the car the whole monday. Then observed oil leak tuesday morning. Will check it soon.

What does it drop to? If it drops to 0, then you'd better be keeping a better eye on your oil level - that's why they put the dipstick on the engine. If it simply drops to 30psi or so, that's normal.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks. It drops above the red zone.
it is normal as i know . if you can, tighten all the bolts under the oil pan might help a little bit with oil leakage.

thanks. I already did and it helped.