oil pressure gauge questions

the oil pressure gauge on my car(94 buick regal, 10w30) drops below 40 when it comes to a stop and goes back to a little above 40 when put gas. Is this normal? also observe a little oil leak, does it have anything to do with the oil pressure dropping?

Reply to
ouyang.jie

The gauge is behaving normally because of engine oil pump RPM variations, but the oil leak needs fixing, or soon you may have ZERO oil pressure.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

What does it drop to? If it drops to 0, then you'd better be keeping a better eye on your oil level - that's why they put the dipstick on the engine. If it simply drops to 30psi or so, that's normal.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks. I just DIY the oil change last Saturday. I didn't see oil leak overnight saturday. Drove 60+ miles on sunday and didn't move the car the whole monday. Then observed oil leak tuesday morning. Will check it soon.

Reply to
ouyang.jie

Thanks. It drops above the red zone.

Reply to