Oil Pressure Light ON

91 Bonneville 3.8 litre V6. I'm seeing RED today. First occurrence in 25 years of driving GM Cars too.
The red Oil Light { Driver Info Center } came on today for a few miles
then went out. Came on for 10 more miles. Tapped the gas pedal quick & the light went out. Oil pressure gauge on the left side of dash shows 60psi running, 35-40 at idle.
Checked the Oil level, its full. no pump noises or knockin', All original sending units too.
Comments?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

I'd believe the pressure gauge, but I'd have the pressure checked anyway. Better do that than be sorry.

And replace that original oil pressure switch......