Oily Spark Plug

I've got a '94 Saturn and the #2 plug was covered with wet oil when I removed it (from the threads to firing pin), what would be causing this?
thanks

On 1/23/06 12:01 PM, in article nZ7Bf.42033$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com,

Cracked/broken ring/piston or severely worn rings would be my first thought.

Ouch!
Leaky oil seal on valve on that particular cylinder. While you're at it, have 'em replace all of them.
If you have half decent compression, its not the rings or a broke piston or valve. ............ Jonny

Hi, My little sister has the same model car and I experienced the same problem when I pulled one of her spark plug wires for a tune up. It turned out to be a simple valve cover gasket which is very common in a vehicle with that many years on it. Jim wrote:

In the case you cited, shouldn't leak down to the end of the spark plug as noted by the original poster. Leaky valve cover gaskets are common for old vehicles. ............ Jonny

Rene wrote:

Broken/worn rings or worn/scored cylinder.
thanks for all the replies, this should help out.