Ok could some answer this for me.

I have a 04 Cavalier and was just wondering is there any other type of CD format that you can play in the stock CD players that come in them. I know it will not accept the mp3, but would a wav. or mda. format that
a person burnt on to a CD work?
No. Only a copied CD or copied music in the .cda (i think that is the suffix) format will work.

Burned CD's may / may not play, you'll have to experiment with different formats. I've seen good results with .WAV Some burning programs use a proprietary format that does not play in " any " player but plays on the computer that burnt it.
"" wrote: > I have a 04 Cavalier and was just wondering is there any other > type of > CD format that you can play in the stock CD players that come > in them. > I know it will not accept the mp3, but would a wav. or mda. > format that > a person burnt on to a CD work?
The only kind of CD you can play on the Delco equipped Cavalier is the CD audio and the CD-R burned as Audio CD. It should play the 74 and 80 mins Burned CDs not sure about the extended 90 min ones... A Wav or AIF formats shouldnt be recognized since these are audio Data files , they have some differences on the header vs the raw audio format. And I beleive such differences are out of topic in an Auto Forum! ;-P
yeah but we'll let you off the hook for that one as it pertains to a car stereo!