OK is there really a difference in the 15.00 shocks or the 30.00 shocks

I am going to change the shocks on my 94 Chevy G20 van with 70k. Will the $$$100.00 shocks me more shockier than the $15.00 units? Should I save a
few $$$ or spend the extra $$$ for a "BETTER" shock? TIA Greg
I like to spend the extra money and get the lifetime warranty rather than the one year warranty.

On a 94 van? fuck the shocks, if you MUST change them, get the $15 units, they will most likely outlast the van. IMHO! :)
--
1984 RZ350

I bought some Bilsteins for my van, which ran me in the range of $75 each.
They did more for the ride on this vehicle than anything else I have done.

Spend more than $15.
Example: I bought a alternator with a one year warranty for my 95 Grand Am, it quit 14 months later. I bought another 1 year guaranteed alternator and this one lasted 13 months.
Now I always see if they have a more expensive version of whatever I need, be it belts, waterpump, whatever, and get the one that costs the most.
Just not worth having the car die anyplace with the wife and kids in it.
Yes, $15
mike
"Scott" <homealone.com> wrote in message

"Scott" <homealone.com> wrote in

Thanks for reminding me why I switched to jap cars... we have a 2002 monte carlo, and a 1994 Honda Accord, guess wich one we took on a 1000+ mile road trip?
--
1984 RZ350

We own a 1995 Monte and a 1992 Accord. If I was you standing in the driveway trying to decide which to take, I would take the Monte 9 times out of 10. The seats in the Honda are much too uncomfortable to justify the gas savings.
I don't fit in the Honda very well. I can't seem to get anything in the right place. If I put the seat back to where my legs fit, my arms can't reach the wheel. If I put the seat up to where I can reach the wheel, my knees hit the dash.
Steve

Oh well I am short, so the honda fits me well. And I have a 1994 accord, they are a bit beiier than the older ones...
--
1984 RZ350

If you "switched to jap cars", why do you have a 2002 Monte Carlo? Guess you switched back.
"Scott" <homealone.com> wrote in

Will
we
My G/F drives the monte, its her car...
--
1984 RZ350

pnsman64 wrote:

Use Google and read up on shock construction, dampening, gas charge, etc. Generally, the higher priced one is noticibly better. Stay away from Monroe - In my experience 1 out of 2 will be bad out of the box. Get Koni, or similar, if you can afford them. If not, get Gabriels.
pnsman64 wrote:

Personally I have found the most bang for my buck shocks to be KYBs when they are available for an application. Not $15 each though!
John