OK is there really a difference in the 15.00 shocks or the 30.00 shocks

I am going to change the shocks on my 94 Chevy G20 van with 70k. Will the $$$100.00 shocks me more shockier than the $15.00 units? Should I save a few $$$ or spend the extra $$$ for a "BETTER" shock? TIA Greg

Reply to
pnsman64

I like to spend the extra money and get the lifetime warranty rather than the one year warranty.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I bought some Bilsteins for my van, which ran me in the range of $75 each.

They did more for the ride on this vehicle than anything else I have done.

Reply to
<HLS

Spend more than $15.

Example: I bought a alternator with a one year warranty for my

95 Grand Am, it quit 14 months later. I bought another 1 year guaranteed alternator and this one lasted 13 months.

Now I always see if they have a more expensive version of whatever I need, be it belts, waterpump, whatever, and get the one that costs the most.

Just not worth having the car die anyplace with the wife and kids in it.

Reply to
Scott

Use Google and read up on shock construction, dampening, gas charge, etc. Generally, the higher priced one is noticibly better. Stay away from Monroe

- In my experience 1 out of 2 will be bad out of the box. Get Koni, or similar, if you can afford them. If not, get Gabriels.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Yes, $15

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Personally I have found the most bang for my buck shocks to be KYBs when they are available for an application. Not $15 each though!

John

Reply to
John Horner

"Steve Mackie" wrote in news:1a%Ve.90455$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

On a 94 van? f*ck the shocks, if you MUST change them, get the $15 units, they will most likely outlast the van. IMHO! :)

Reply to
Ript

"Scott" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Thanks for reminding me why I switched to jap cars... we have a 2002 monte carlo, and a 1994 Honda Accord, guess wich one we took on a 1000+ mile road trip?

Reply to
Ript

We own a 1995 Monte and a 1992 Accord. If I was you standing in the driveway trying to decide which to take, I would take the Monte 9 times out of 10. The seats in the Honda are much too uncomfortable to justify the gas savings.

I don't fit in the Honda very well. I can't seem to get anything in the right place. If I put the seat back to where my legs fit, my arms can't reach the wheel. If I put the seat up to where I can reach the wheel, my knees hit the dash.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

If you "switched to jap cars", why do you have a 2002 Monte Carlo? Guess you switched back.

Reply to
Scott

"Steve Mackie" wrote in news:r03_e.97300$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Oh well I am short, so the honda fits me well. And I have a 1994 accord, they are a bit beiier than the older ones...

Reply to
Ript

"Scott" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

My G/F drives the monte, its her car...