Old hoses,

My car maintenance record sheet fails to mention when I changed the upper & lower radiator hoses.
Found an old 1993 calander booklet's that I write the mileage in and saw
for April 24 I put an upper hose & thermostat in at 63,000 miles. Not sure if I replaced the lower at that time - I think I did.
I should probably put the originals back on seeing they have such low miles, the current ones have 214,000 miles on them and are 11 years old. The old hoses are in the spare tire well-- throw nothing away !
LOL
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
You have the same luck with hoses that I do. My old truck had 115,000 on the OE hoses, and they'd been through 2 near-total front-end accidents.
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:40:43 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

I had a similar experience with a 1971 vehicle that I own since new. The connections to the heater core are inside the firewall and not easy to change. In 2002 at 298,000 miles the core began to leak. The hoses were changed along with the core and were still in good condition. ;)
mike hunt
Mike Levy wrote:

Currently, 1995 GA 129,000+ miles, all OE hoses and no signs of failing in the near future.
Had a '92 Cav that the upper exploded (literally). That was interesting.
Tony
Exploding hoses - now there's a pretty picture. I had a few hoses fail on me early in life so now I change them regularly. I usually change all hoses and belts every four years (but then I'm the guy that buys new tires before the old ones go bald). Rich B

Doesn't everyone?
mike hunt
Rich B wrote:

<snip>
Apparently not because I see a lot of bald and partly bald tires at the tire store I deal at. What I should have said is that I buy new tires while mine still hae usable tread on them because I hate to risk an accident (I travel a lot).

One need not 'travel a lot' to risk an accident driving on tires at or below the wear indicators. ;)
mike hunt