Olds Cierra Speedometer

I have a 1988 Olds Cierra and the speedometer needle jumps all over the place. The trip odometer does not work but the regular mileage one does. Any ideals?
Thanks,
--
DIGItal

Olds Cierra Speedometer Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Wed, Dec 31, 2003, 9:04pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com (Digi) I have a 1988 Olds Cierra and the speedometer needle jumps all over the place. The trip odometer does not work but the regular mileage one does. Any ideals? Thanks,
--
DIGItal

Could be your cable needs replaced Or you sepdo gear in the tranny is
I don't imagine there are either of those on that car, it'll be an electronic vehicle speed sensor.. If the trip odometer doesn't work, my guess is a problem internal to the speedometer head.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada