olds cruise control short

I have a 1995 Oldsmobile Regency Elite. The cruise control no longer works, the wire in the stalk seems to have a break in it. For a while I could move the wire where it goes from the turn signal stalk to the
steering column and it would work, but now that doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how to get the turn signal stalk apart, or other wise fix the cruise? Thanks, Terry
--
14:11:14 up 5 days, 7:42, 1 user, load average: 0.29, 0.12, 0.08

Terry wrote:

Your question is confused. The subject indicates a short circuit, and your text indicates an open circuit. Get the Helm manual for details before you go any further.
---Bob Gross---
Robertwgross wrote:

Sorry, the subject should indeed indicate an open connection.
--
14:23:45 up 5 days, 7:54, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.10, 0.08

Not sure about a 1995 column but..the 1991 steering column's have a small snap in cover around the tilt lever that you can remove, then you can unplug the wire harness coming out of the turnsignal stalk. If I remember correctly to remove the turnsignal lever push it up till it locks in the right turnsignal mode. Twist the lever to the right about a quarter turn and pull straight out. Reverse the procedure to install.
Perhaps you can soldier the broken wire. The wires tend to rub on the opening around that snap in cap, When you put it back together position the wires so they curve up or wrap a electrical tape, heat shrink tube or a small piece of vacuum hose around the e wires.
The turn signal levers are generally replaced as a unit. Some people have replaced them because the white wording has worn off ( like on mine ) I've never heard of any levers being disassembled for repairing.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 925 miles_~_~_
Harry Face wrote:

Thank you, I got it out and I am going to check the price of replacing it, if it does not cost too much I will get a new one. Other wise soldier it is...again, thanks Terry
--
16:09:06 up 5 days, 9:40, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.07